Manufacturers Advise Keeping Portable Fire Extinguishers Ready!
- By veerfire
- On 16/09/2014
- Comments (0)
Installing portable fire extinguishers in homes and buildings can prevent loss of assets and lives. Manufacturers of fire extinguishers share tips and guidelines to store and use the fire fighting equipments in emergencies. Though, fire extinguisher manufacturers produce distinct types of equipments and almost each design has similar working principle.
Do You Know About The Term 'Fire Triangle'?
Fire triangle has three things which are responsible for fire incidents when present in the same place at the same time. These things are:
It is necessary to extinguish fire and for this, the person needs to remove at least one thing out of these three. Any fire fighter will tell you the same thing- breaking the triangle by simply removing the source of fuel or heat or oxygen will help in getting control over fire.
Three Kinds of Fire Extinguishers Offered By Manufacturing Companies-
- Water based fire extinguishers
- Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- CO2 based fire extinguishers
Certain Guidelines Mentioned By Manufacturers of Fire Extinguishers:
- Use portable fire extinguisher in a contained room where the space should not filled with smoke. Once every person moved out from the room, call fire fighting department asap.
- Always use the right type of extinguisher as per the given instruction. This will help you in escaping from fire safely.
- Always remember the law of PASS-
- Pull the pin
- Aim low
- Squeeze the lever
- Sweep the nozzle
- It is recommended to bring all-purpose fire extinguisher that is easy to store and handle when required.
- Always use tested products.
- Always install extinguisher nearby the exit.
- Always create an escape plan at your place.
- Never ignore professional assistance in case of fire. Fire fighting experts are more efficient in responding fire incidents.
- Refill your extinguishers after the use.